Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Drama: Picture Wyma being God. Stamping the dirt things (humans) away from His presence.

Moses asks, “Who do I say sent me? Are you the almighty, kick-ass war God. The storm God: the shaker God.”
“No, I am freaking God baby. I will be who I want to be. I am gonna do, what I am gonna do.”
--Mark of authenticity: if there is ever a God, then it would look like this.

God talking to Israel: “I married you. And you slept with everybody.”

“There shall be no grape juice in the living room. Even if thou shalt carry it in a sippy-cup.”
--Metaphor for God’s relationship with the Israelites

“When God gave the Ten Commandments in Exodus it was like the Israelites and He were getting married. When God gives them again in Deuteronomy it was like last-ditch marriage counseling.”

No comments:

Post a Comment