Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hey everyone. So it's now finals week, and this means we're looking at the last of the Wyma quotes (at least until fall rolls around). Best wishes to everyone and their assorted tests, and I hope to see you all here again next semester.


History of Modern Philosophy 2009



"Oooh, I made a new word."


"Apodictic, yeah, I said it, apodictic."


"No...no...I had like five spelling errors in that word [hypothetical]"


(Wyma draws a Kantian circle on the whiteboard, dislikes it, and draws another)
"The circle did not get any better...now it's offending me"
(erases it and tries a third time)
"There, that's a little better."


"Americans are obsessed with cars. We have restaurants designed so you don't even have to leave your car. Drive-in-movie theaters...oooh, I'd like to go to a movie, but I don't want to leave my car. Lots of people were conceived in cars...there were lots of car "dates." (A small Wyma rant on car fixation.)



"There are limits to the usefulness of being quotable...or unbearably hip" (Wyma, on one of his classes saying "Wyma is a pimp," on all of his evals.)

(Editor's final note, Wyma's quote about being quotable seemed like the perfect way to end.)

2 comments:

  1. As a member of the class that originated the Wyma's A Pimp meme, I should hope you went ahead and put that down on his eval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding??? We were putting that on evals 2 years before you showed up. This is less about who did it first as it is a testiment to Wyma's unspeakable funkiness!
    DMZ

    ReplyDelete